Sunday, January 1, 2012

Update.

I've been up to quite a bit of "stuffs" lately. Here's it:
1. Successfully made my running sandals from the 6mm Vibram Cherry Soling Sheet and 3/4 inch nylon/poly webbing (the fine and smooth version, and I must thank Bedrock Sandals for sharing their information. Kudos to you! Sandals look great but I prefer making them myself) and a "ladder" buckle. I think I'm still on my way to fully breaking into them but I can run 5-10km or maybe even 20km with ease because of their weight. They feel nothing when I go into a sprint so I can really maintain the acceleration and speed. Here's a picture of mine! I'm making a pair for my girlfriend too!



Fast forward to my next short/long term goal in life. That is to be able to prepare and cook food on my own. I view cooking as a skill for survival, just like most of my pursuits which are purpose/functional/simplicity driven. I tried making gingerbreadmen recently and it turned out quite alright. That led me to bake 270 gingerbreadmen for my campmates and catholic youth group friends. There were bad ones but I'm starting to slowly but surely, understand the factors that affect the process of food preparation. Oh I must say, very, very slowly but I'll peservere, for it's not only a skill, but a tradition that my father learnt from his mother and I'll do my best to learn it from him.

Here're the pictures of few tries at gingerbreadmen (: I'm a big fan of classics and the gingerbreadmen says Christmas like no other!







My friend Nigel (teammate from Pre-University Seminar '09) and I, who're very random and also very free or I'd like to see us as being flexible haha went to Pulau Ubin to cycle on 12 hours notice (at 11pm so technically if I took away 7 hours of rest it'll be only about 5 hours of notice). Here're some pictures. I love adventures (however mild or wild), sports and the world around me. Nothing fails to fascinate me, from the simplest things to the most complex ones. Pictures!



From Pulai Ubin


From Pulai Ubin

From Pulai Ubin

From Pulai Ubin

From Pulai Ubin

From Pulai Ubin

From Pulai Ubin

From Pulai Ubin

From Pulai Ubin

From Pulai Ubin

No comments:

Post a Comment