Monday, January 16, 2012

Refurbish of Mongoose IBOC Series Sport

So I've started getting 2nd hand parts to replace the worn out/rusted components I have on my Mongoose. I've gotten '93 Shimano XT Cantis, Super Aero Rim (Rear), Campagnolo Stheno (Front). Looking to get Shimano XT Front/Rear Derailleurs if there're good offers. More pricey buys would go to the Shifters/Crankset. Not too worried about the chain or brake levers because they're simple items.

I've ordered a Hohner Marine Band Special 20 to learn. It's a harmonica by the way, a diatonic harmonica. I've decided to learn music because I've some free time. A harmonica because it's small and convenient/portable and requires nothing but drawing/blowing air out of the holes on top on some handling/techniques. I want to travel the world and bring music with me and the harmonica seems to be the perfect companion.

I realize music and theatre have something in common. They do not require a spoken language in order to express their feelings/emotions. There's a hidden language in sight/sound/touch/smell/taste that transcends spoken language, race, religion and cultures.

Take it slow, but always yearn for knowledge. Have an open mind and be fascinated by the world around you. Be passionate, be genuine, be disciplined.

No comments:

Post a Comment